McAfee WebAdvisor is a software that provides protection to its users while browsing the websites. Whenever you access any website, it safeguards you from threats and malware. If the website is not safe or contains any malicious content, the software will give you a warning message for not opening the website. So, it ensures complete security against ransomware and phishing attempts without even affecting the browsing performance.
Install McAfee WebAdvisor on PC:
After downloading the Mcafee software, follow the below-given instructions to install the software on your Windows PC.
- First of all, open your “Downloads Folder”.
- Now, locate .exe file in your folder and double-click on it.
- Then, a pop-up box will appear on your screen. Click on the “Run” button and the file will start running.
- After that, you will see another pop-up box of “User Account Control” on your screen asking you to make changes to your system. In order to grant permission, click on the “Yes” button.
- In the next dialog box, view the license agreement of McAfee carefully. If you have read and agree to all the terms and conditions of the agreement, tick mark the box given there.
- Then, click on the Next button located at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, you need to tap on the “Install” button to start the installation process. Do not close the window or turn off your computer in between the process.
- Once the installation finishes, click on the “Done” button.
The software is installed on your Windows computer. Also, you have to enable it in your preferred web browser. Once the extension is enabled, it will show you all the safe and unsafe websites.
Install McAfee WebAdvisor on Mac:
For safe browsing on your Mac system, follow the below-given steps in order to install the software.
- Firstly, open your Downloads folder.
- Then, locate the .dmg file in your folder.
- Double-click the file and click on the “Run” button appear in the box.
- After that, a dialog bog of the License Agreement will be shown on your screen. Read the agreement carefully and click on the “Continue” button located at the bottom of the page.
- Now, you will see another pop-up box on your screen. If you agree to all the terms and conditions of the agreement, click on the “Agree” button and proceed to the next step.
- In the next dialog box, click on the “Install” button which is located at the bottom.
- A pop-up will be shown on your screen asking you to enter your Mac credentials. Enter your Mac Username and Password and click on the “OK” button located there.
- After the installation is finished, click on the “Finish” button given there.
After enabling the software extension, it will allow you to access safe websites only.
So, McAfee WebAdvisor keeps you safe from viruses while you search and browse the websites. Hence, it assures that the users will be able to download any software or content from the trusted and secured websites only.